What We Believe
Advent is a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) Congregation
"We extend our welcome to people of all races, cultures and colors; to people of all sexual orientation, gender and gender identity; to people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities; to people of every legal economic and marital status; and to all those whom the world seeks to separate, divide or isolate.
We celebrate your identity as a gift from God, and we welcome you to a diverse community united by our faith. We welcome you to receive God’s grace given to all regardless of our worldly successes or failures. Welcome one another therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you for the glory of God.
What We Believe
Advent Lutheran Church’s Mission, Values and Vision.
Making the Love of Christ Known
Connecting with others to make the love of Christ Known
- God is present in our worship, and in our daily lives. God loves every
one of us.
- We have new life because of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection.
- We are a forgiven people. We always have a second chance. God’s
love changes us.
- The Bible is the life-giving word of God. God’s word gives us a
into God’s plan of love for us and all creation.
- We serve those in need. Faith is not just a private matter. It is also a
We believe that Christ is made known as we live our lives in the spirit of His teachings and forgiving love.
- As God's people, we are called to provide:
- A place of hospitality, where all people are welcome.
- A place for all people to grow in faith through worship and learning
- A place of healing for those in need.
- A helping hand to those less fortunate on a local and global level.
- A gathering place for people to connect with one another through
fellowship and service projects.
- A place to meet the needs of our community.